Cadmore Media is a rapidly growing media hosting service with products supporting research, professional education, and virtual/hybrid conferences. A mission-driven, customer-focused organization, Cadmore works with high-profile associations, societies, and publishers who produce video and audio content created by the world’s most prominent scientific experts. Our clients love us, and we continually strive to delight. As a fast-growing startup at the forefront of our industry, Cadmore is a challenging and exciting work environment.
Cadmore currently supports several web-based offerings: a platform and player where users can manage and publish their multimedia content and metadata; media libraries, which are customizable sites for curating and publishing multimedia content; a virtual/hybrid event platform designed for scholarly conferences; and an API that allows existing data and workflows to be integrated with the Cadmore solutions. Cadmore is also undergoing a version 2.0 initiative to update the platform and player offering and building out live streaming capabilities.
All team members work from home, using Microsoft Teams and Zoom to regularly communicate. Our primary development and business operations are split between US Eastern Time and UK GMT, occasionally requiring staff to overlap time zones.
We are looking for a talented designer to visualise Cadmore’s all-inclusive and hardworking ethos into its products and materials.
Digital/Web Designer Role
- Visual design of web-based solutions that are both accessible and responsive
- User interface development using HTML and CSS within a source control solution
- Work alongside a team of in-house developers
- Assist the marketing team by creating designs for promotional materials, from email newsletters to flyers, as well as company website maintenance
- Occasional minor video editing
- Flexible and willing to adapt to shifting priorities to align with the company’s goals
- Able to communicate with people throughout the organization and with various clients; keep others appraised of workload and ask questions to determine priorities
- Enthusiastic with a can-do attitude and an eagerness to hone new skills
- Self-motivated and can work independently whilst managing their own workload, including knowing when to ask questions to determine priorities
- Comfortable working alongside others, with an awareness of their different time zones
- Proven experience of creating beautiful design solutions from beginning to completion
- Proven working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- Proven experience in designing accessible and responsive web-based UI
- Working experience of HTML and CSS
- Working experience with WordPress
- Minor video editing
- Experience in the scholarly and society publishing space
- Video production experience
The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience and a relevant design degree or a total of 3-7 years of relevant commercial design experience.
About Cadmore Media
Cadmore Media was founded in 2018 by scholarly and video publishing veterans who saw a need to make video publishing an accessible proposition for a wide range of academic and professional use cases. Essentially, we want to transform the creation and dissemination of video and audio content in the scholarly world through expert technology, robust partnerships, and best-in-class service.
To do this, we hire great people, build client-driven products, and facilitate industry-wide innovation. We were awarded the Digital Science Catalyst Grant in 2018 and the NFAIS Digital Startup Challenge in 2019. In 2020 we released our virtual event platform, now a core element of our services. Today, we’re a fast-growing publishing technology start-up with a team of knowledgeable, supportive professionals. We believe in “working hard and being nice to people”: although our work ethic is high, we strive to give all team members an empowering environment in which they can grow, contribute to the company’s mission, and acquire a high degree of autonomy. We welcome and debate new ideas and suggestions and we encourage creativity.
Accessibility and inclusivity are at the heart of Cadmore’s mission, and we will enthusiastically consider applicants who may need special accommodations to perform their work.
Apply by sending us a cover letter, portfolio, salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.